Business Ethernet over copper
EFM (Ethernet in the First Mile) services fill the gap between broadband services and expensive leased lines, providing high speed, reliable internet connectivity with a business-grade SLA. EFM is delivered over 2 or 4 copper pairs and delivers a minimum speed guarantee of 2Mbps both upstream and downstream.
Using existing copper lines instead of fibre means that EFM is cheaper and faster to install than a standard leased line. It's ideal for replacing legacy technologies such as ISDN and SDSL due to its robust service level guarantees and symmetric bandwidth. And unlike broadband services, EFM services include a specific bandwidth service level based on location so you know exactly the bandwidth you will be guaranteed before ordering.
EFM has these key business benefits:
- Uncontended connectivity and ultra-low latency
- Guaranteed downstream and upstream bandwidth at point of order
- Short installation lead times
- Choice of 12 or 36 months contracts
- Ethernet presentation for highly flexible WAN designs